It’s here! The Photographer’s Guide to Yosemite iPhone app is on sale now in the app store. Watch the video to see a demonstration of its features, including:
• In-depth descriptions of 40 outstanding locations including the classic Yosemite Valley views, high country, and surrounding areas.
• Locations Filter—a unique feature that allows you to quickly find the best photo spots for any month and time of day.
• Over 100 stunning photographs show you what you can see at each location.
• Detailed maps and directions.
• Clear, logical layout makes it easy to find the information you need.
• Lots of photography tips to help you capture better images of the park, including Exposure for Digital Cameras, Composition, Depth of Field, HDR and Exposure Blending, Photographing Waterfalls and Cascades, Clearing Storms, and more.
• Sunrise and sunset times, full moon dates, and depth-of-field calculator
• Seasonal Planning Guide helps you find unique photo opportunities for each month.
• Written by a 25-year Yosemite resident and leading expert on photography in Yosemite (that’s me of course!).
• Based on the popular book, The Photographer’s Guide to Yosemite—the bible of Yosemite photography, with 31 out of 36 five-star reviews on Amazon. This app contains all the information in the original book, and much more: three new locations, completely revised and updated information for the entire park, and new tips specifically designed for digital photography.
• Fully functional without an internet connection.
• At only $6.99, it’s cheaper than the book, but with more functionality! And a third of the proceeds from the sale of this app benefit the non-profit Yosemite Conservancy to help fund educational programs, restoration projects, and research in Yosemite National Park.
Will the app be available for the iPad, or Android phones? Yes, we’re working on both iPad and Android versions, but I don’t yet have a timetable for these.
What about the book? Will it be revised? Yes, a new edition of the book is in the works too, and due out next spring (though delays are common in book publishing).
Please let me know how you like the app—and don’t forget to rate it and write a review in the app store!