High-contrast images can be challenging to process. How do you both darken highlights and lighten shadows, without making the image look too flat, weird, or over-processed?
On August 26th I’ll present a live webinar where I’ll demonstrate how to tackle this challenge. I’ll take you step-by-step through processing one or more high-contrast photographs, where you’ll learn powerful yet simple techniques for balancing contrast, while keeping the image lively and natural-looking. Here’s a partial list of the topics we’ll cover:
• Using Lightroom’s HDR Merge
• Choosing profiles for high-contrast images
• Balancing highlights and shadows with the Tone sliders
• Setting white and black points
• Using the Masking Panel to further balance the contrast, direct the viewer’s eye, and bring the shadows to life
• Balancing colors in different parts of the scene
• Reducing halos along high-contrast edges
People who sign up for the webinar will be invited to submit images to be considered for this demonstration, and I’ll use one or more of those in the webinar. And if you can’t attend live, the webinar will be recorded for later viewing.
This is the first time we’ve ever hosted a paid webinar, but we’re offering an early-bird discount. The webinar is normally $27, but you can use the code LRWEB20 to get 20% off until Friday, August 11th. Click the link below to sign up!
August 26th, 2023, 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time
(Use the code LRWEB20 to get 20% off until Friday, August 11th. Click “Have a coupon?” just above the payment options to enter the code, then hit Enter.)
I hope to see you at the webinar!
— Michael Frye
P.S. Signing up for this webinar gives you access to our Education Center, and to recordings of two previous Lightroom demonstration webinars. So you actually get three for the price of one!